Thursday 6 June 2013

Staying humble, competitiveness, and team players in sports

Popovich said the franchise’s commitment to Duncan, Parker and Ginobili and the sustained success of the union is “a total function of who those three guys are. What if they were jerks? What if they were selfish? What if one of them was, you know, unintelligent? If, if, if. But the way it works out, all three of them are highly intelligent. They all have great character. . . . I think it’s just a matter of being really, really fortunate to have three people who understand that and who commit to a system and a philosophy for that length of time.”



“I have something in me that they took in ’07: beat us on our home floor, celebrated on our home floor. I won’t forget that. You shouldn’t as a competitor. You should never forget that,” James said. “It’s the same group of guys for the most part. The same Big Three and Coach Pop. And I look forward to the challenge once again.”

---
There aren’t many Redskins players who are more fan friendly than Alfred Morris. And I don’t mean, “sure, I’ll sign an autograph for you” fan friendly. I mean, “Sure, I’ll play paintball with you” fan friendly.
According to CaptainCrookedFoot on Reddit, Morris did just that when he ran into a group of fans playing paintball.
“We went to Pevs for one of my buddies bachelor party and saw Alfred,” the fan wrote on Reddit. “He played with us for 3 hours and even met up with some of the other guys later to go kart.”
“It has some sentimental value to it now,” Morris said Wednesday before the Redskins headed out for practice. “It just keeps me grounded, where I came from and all the hard work for me to get to this point. So that’s what helps me.”
http://imgur.com/a/YZR74

---

Denver believes it can attract an elite coach with its roster; simply didn't want to deal with an unhappy [head coach] in final year of contract.

No comments:

Post a Comment