Monday 23 September 2013

Frustration with motivating myself

I don't think it's occurred to me that, especially now, no one will be monitoring me all the time to make sure that I'm doing something and that I need to take charge of my actions.

The options I have considered are to:

  • work with other people - but then I'll get distracted unnecessarily sometimes (not that it's not FUN to work alongside others!)
  • Xinhong suggests studying alone at the library or somewhere where people can see me so that I'll feel self-conscious if I slack off. This has worked pretty well in the past for me, but the problem is that it conditions you to be super lazy at home, and I would argue that in fact it makes it harder to work at home. 
I would be really happy to hear any suggestions you have or what you do to overcome this problem. Please leave a comment or email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment