Thursday 31 October 2013

Resolution: Pick up all phone calls

Unless it's a bad time, my new goal is to pick up all phone calls and respond to them.

If it's an unsuitable time, I will pick up anyways and request that they call back. My goal is to not ignore messages.

---

Although there must be a line somewhere because people like professors and company higher-ups have no time to respond to all inquiries... and if something is really urgent the caller will find another way to contact you (a la Don Knuth's no-email policy and how Sergey Brin only responds to his top k emails). So maybe I can compromise by picking up calls only when it's convenient, and responding to voice mails for missed calls. That way I am not obligating myself to call back every single missed call.

No comments:

Post a Comment