Friday 15 March 2013

Omni Crawler


Omni-directional mobile robot.

Another innovation on the mechanical design side.

Lately, I've been berating myself for not paying more attention to the art of design. Throughout the undergrad ece degree, I've been focusing on understanding, interpretation, and problem solving - all of which are useful skills. However, one major aspect that I didn't pay attention to is design, where there are no right answers, and that is where I've struggled. The hardest classes for me have been analog circuit design, circuit board and layout design, and mechanical/enclosure design. I can't even imagine where to start with industrial/communication design.

Design is like a NP-complete problem: easy to solve but hard to optimize.

Everything's interdisciplinary!

No comments:

Post a Comment