Sunday 31 March 2013

Article: Things KAJ wish he knew


"I wish I'd been able to ignore the physical differences as I can now and just sit down, preferably on a shorter chair than them, and just talk to them about movies and books and history -- anything but basketball," he blogged.

Other items on his list include better choices in automobiles, taking a more adventurous approach to vacationing, an earlier discovery of yoga and a better diet.
The Hall of Famer and NBA's all-time leading scorer also wishes he did a better job maintaining friendships.
"I wish I'd called more, visited more, and generally paid more attention to those people who were most valuable in my life," wrote Abdul-Jabbar.
He also regrets he didn't pay enough attention to business and his own finances.
"I thought that if I played exceptional basketball, all else would fall neatly into place," blogged Abdul-Jabbar.


No comments:

Post a Comment